I’ve never met a TV camera that I didn’t love. But as much as I enjoy that work, connecting with live audiences, and getting to hear the new insights that they develop as a result of our time together, is incredibly gratifying.
My past has uniquely qualified me to make a difference in people’s lives in the present. I know that real change happens in a moment, and being a part of those pivotal moments for individuals, associations, and organizations is some of the most important work that I do.
What’s on Your Billboard?
OVERCOMING OBSTACLES TO CREATE YOUR IDEAL LIFE
“Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son.”
— Dean Vernon Wormer, Animal House
What’s on Your Billboard? is an inspiring access to personal and organizational change that begins by considering the “billboard” that all of us are, and will be in the future. Are we an example? Or a warning?
What’s on Your Billboard? is more than just personal transformation; it is also a vehicle to inspire change in others, especially within organizations, families or teams. You don’t need to be a celebrity for your face to grace an important “billboard” and to stand for something that matters for reasons much larger than individual benefit.
Most importantly, What’s on Your Billboard? isn’t just future-based; it’s not next year’s car or next season’s new clothes. We are all already being a billboard for something. All of us go through life as an example or a warning. What’s on your billboard? What do you want it to be? This speech will ensure that those answers will be in total alignment, effective right now.
Audiences will learn:
- The one mental condition that must exist before any meaningful change can happen (and how to create that condition before they leave the room);
- New distinctions in changing thinking;
- How to outgrow problems, transcend them, and ensure they don’t reappear starting right now, today;
- You hit rock bottom when you stop picking up the shovel to start digging again. Why not starting again is more important than stopping in the first place;
- Why “action” is the magic word, and how to effectively remove all obstacles which have existed in the past;
- How the concept of legacy can be a powerful tool to create change, and more importantly, how to use it with velocity;
- And much more!
Inside the Devious Mind
LESSONS LEARNED FROM THE RICH AND INFAMOUS
Many people actively seek out life’s best practices – distinctions, corrections, and “life hacks” that produce extraordinary results. But what can we learn from those who are actively engaged in life’s worst practices? What lessons can we take from those who participate in extreme forms of criminal misbehavior? There are over 12 million arrests each year in the United States, and no one better than Darren Kavinoky to take us inside the mind of this population.
Darren is the creator and host of the hit crime TV show Deadly Sins, which is now in its fourth season on Investigation Discovery. He is also the Criminal Interventionist on Breaking Point, an unscripted intervention show on Investigation Discovery that features Darren producing decisive moments of change in the lives of criminals. Darren appears constantly on TV and radio, including the Today show, The View, Entertainment Tonight, The Insider, Dr. Phil, various programs on CNN, HLN, Fox News, and countless other shows.
But what makes Darren especially qualified to share insights about criminal misbehavior is not just his professional interest; it’s that he’s worn handcuffs too. Once an overweight kid from an unstable family, he went on to suffer from his own addictions that plagued him for many years, and led to five arrests in three different countries. To call his downward spiral a “bottom” is a gross understatement; Darren lost everything. But in May of 2000, after two decades of battling his demons, he experienced a pivotal moment. Since then, the kid who wore “husky” sized Toughskins has completed seven Ironman triathlons. The bankrupt and homeless attorney who swept floors in a furniture store created several multi-million dollar businesses. As an interventionist, a lawyer, and as a keynote speaker, Darren is now obsessed with helping people and organizations produce their own pivotal moments that are just as powerful and sustainable.
Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. once said that “There is some good in the worst of us and some evil in the best of us.” Inside the Devious Mind allows audiences to recognize critical best practices by learning about some of the worst behavior ever recorded.
The Top 10 Things YOU Need to Know When Your Best Client Calls From Jail
A CRIMINAL LAW PRIMER FOR TRUSTED ADVISORS
It’s 3 a.m., and a phone is ringing. It’s not a phone ringing in the White House (remember that TV commercial for Hillary Clinton?); it’s YOUR phone, and on the other end of that phone is your best client. They are calling from jail. What do you need to know to be of maximum help in that moment?
For those who are trusted advisors, including business managers, lawyers who practice in areas other than criminal defense, accountants or other financial professionals, or simply those who are important friends, who better than Darren Kavinoky to help guide you through this process? Darren is far more than a TV legal analyst and host of crime shows on Investigation Discovery; he has been a lawyer for over two decades, and is the recipient of countless awards for his work in representing an assortment of clients from white collar to blue collar to no collar.
The Top 10 Things YOU Need to Know When Your Best Client Calls From Jail will certainly entertain, engage, and enlighten, as audiences learn:
- Why that first call from jail could torpedo the entire case;
- How to find people who are in custody;
- How to get their client or friend released, with or without a bail bondsman;
- What to do if the arrest is a wake-up call to address other issues, such as a problem with alcohol or drugs;
- What are the first things to do after the client is released (and which ones are time-sensitive!);
- When it’s advisable to speak to law enforcement, and who should be there;
- How do you keep a high-profile client out of the spotlight and away from the press;
- And much more!
Darren’s presentation can be customized to the unique needs of your audience, so please feel free to reach out to discuss how this material can truly deliver value to you.
- "Bravo Darren Kavinoky! Your story is eye-opening, motivating, touching, educational, & infectious." #BeTheBillboardSamantha SchacherCo-Host/Pop Culture Expert Dr Drew On Call on HLN
- "WOW! Darren is an amazing speaker with an inspirational story that anyone can relate to. He is the perfect example of what is possible!"Vicky La CelleOrange County Paralegals Association President, APC
- At the top of his game and has the main ingredient for compelling television!Bonnie TiegelSenior Producer, Entertainment Tonight & The Insider
- “It is always so great to have you on the show ... you are such a pro!”Dr. Phil McGraw
- "I'm a professional meeting and event planner, and I’ve seen many speakers. Darren is, quite simply, one of the best. He is dynamic, polished, inspiring, funny, and most importantly, authentic. His delivery is beyond compelling, however, it is his ability to emotionally connect with his audience that changes lives when he presents. I will absolutely book Darren again!"Rebekah HubbellMeeting Planner
- I consider myself incredibly lucky that I get to work with a pro like Darren. In addition to being a joy to be around, Darren is a natural talent with unbridled enthusiasm and drive to "get it right". He makes everyone on the crew want to be better at what we do.Van KingExecutive Producer, Deadly Sins